Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Creative Writing with Medical Terms

Medical Roots, Prefixes, and Suffixes in Haiku form!

Hear the acoustic
Playing in albino snow
My biography

The chiropractor
He makes not an incision
Instead he pops bones

The labyrinth twirls round
I cannot find my way out
Will I die in here?

The computer stops
It will not make any more
Manual it is

She morphs into air
But what if I breathe her in?
I’ll run so I don’t

My myofibrils
Have disappeared once again
I am now rubber

The necromancer
He sings a song about death
It is a sad song

My osteocytes
Are really very small things
You can’t see them

Phagocytosis
The blood cells eat the virus
And then you are well

You’ll catch pneumonia
If you remain in that snow
Come and have some tea

The vein from your lungs
Pulmonary artery”
Everyone has one

The quadruplets flew
Over the town, far away
They left this morning

He was sarcastic
When he said that you were dull
But I guess you are…

Ouch, that’s my sternum!
That really hurt, you loser
Now buy me some pie

Stethoscopes are cold!
Doctors think it is funny
I will pay them back

Synchronized swimming
It takes a lot of teamwork
...oh, and swimming skill…

Synovial joint
You help me move my body
How I love you so

Heterotrophic
That’s a cool ability
I wish that I was

“The vena cava”
It keeps me and you alive
But you don’t have one…?

Her xiphoid process
Got broken off one sad day
During CPR

Catastrophic storms
I am terrified of them
I hope for safety

One day I noticed
Cervical vertebrae sign
It said “watch your neck”

The diaphysis
Was broken in a fracture
A complete fracture